Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Count down to Iowa!

My darling husband drives me crazy sometimes. He freaks out and stresses pretty easily. Last week he was thinking that he wasn't going to work the entire week (his work is really slow these days) so he was all upset carrying on that we weren't going to Iowa for Thanksgiving. Well he ended up working the whole week (yay!) and now Iowa is back on! We are in the count down! We are getting super excited to go. I think Derek is more excited to go hunting more than anything. He has informed me that he will pretty much be hunting any chance that he gets while we are there. Sounds like I am going to be a hunting widower. LOL Oh well. I am sure his family will keep me plenty busy. We don't get to see his family but once or twice a year...so it's nice to have this time to catch up. The holidays really make us wish all of our families were closer together. It's so hard sometimes when they are 600 miles apart. But that is not going to ever change so it's something we will always have to deal with. At least it gives us an excuse to get out of town. : ) It's a 10 hour road trip. Ugh! Not so crazy about that. I do enjoy road trips sometimes. It's fun to eat snacks and talk. But after a while the car gets uncomfortable and boring if there is nothing to see. I do tend to get a little car sick too. Thankfully the trip is not windey roads! I hate that more than anything. I always get super sick. ick! So aside from the long ride there we are excited to see family we haven't seen in a while, have some fun and eat lots of good food! Just now grandma Norton's cinnamon rolls popped into my head!! Mmmm We can't wait. : )

No comments: