Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So here we go....

I sit here in a bit of a hesitance wondering just what the heck am I doing. What has possessed me to start a blog??? Well, I still can't give a clear answer. What the heck...let's give it a try. Seems like it could be fun. Right?



People often ask me.... "So has it changed being married now"...."does it feel different"? Honestly, not all that much. Which I think is a good thing. I do feel more grown up. But doesn't everyone? Derek and I have been together for 2 years now and have lived together pretty much the whole time. Rewind back 2 years and a lot has happened. My oh my how the time does fly! Fast forward to today....and here we are; our own family now. Hubby and wife, 2 crazy loveable dogs and 1 fat cat. We just bought a house 6 months ago. I can not tell you how much fun and stressful that experience was. It feels so good to just sit in our back yard and think...this is ours! We live in the cutest little ranch that was built in 1959. It's in exceptional condition but we have some pretty big wishes for updating. That will all come in time I suppose. This past summer was so much fun having parties in the back yard and getting to know our neighbors. We have become good friends with them and it means so much to have that type of relationship with your neighbors. Along with making our new house a home....we just got married 6 weeks ago to the day. It was so much fun planning our wedding. I really tried to just relax and enjoy the time. I tried hard to not fret about the little things and tried not to stress about much. Our wedding day was so beautiful and perfect. I was in such bliss. I think we both had the biggest smiles on our faces the whole day. It was the happiest I have ever been and we had so much fun! I just want to do that day all over again! It's fun to look back at our pictures. I can honestly say that I was just a teeny weeny bit sad when it was all said and done and there was nothing left to plan for. But then I realized that we actually have the rest of our lives to plan for. Which is even more exciting. We have so many hopes and dreams and it's fun to see what is waiting for us around the next corner. I can't wait to start our own family traditions as well as carry on the ones we know. I truly do feel blessed in my life. I have a sign for the wall that says "Family, Friends and Traditions that I keep meaning to hang up. What an awesome motto! We have so many good things and such great people that surround us. I think that one of the biggest changes that has happened is that now we have a much larger family. I am lucky that pretty much all of mine is here in Colorado....but all of Derek's is in Iowa. Which the exception of Denise and Paige. I still haven't gotten used to the fact that I now have in-laws, instant nephews and built-in sisters. This is very new for me. All of Derek's sisters have been married and have children of their own. Derek's little brother Ben is the only one left at home. Being so stretched apart makes it a little hard to keep up with what is going on in each of our lives. Even keeping up with friends that live near by. The time just flies and so much changes. Life gets in the way and makes is harder to connect. So maybe this is my answer. Maybe this is why I am starting this blog. Maybe this is my way of letting you know what is going on in the Norton house these days. This could be fun. (Or a bit boring or even suprising. Who knows?!!) : ] So...here we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Welcome to the 21st century lady! :)

Carrie