Friday, November 14, 2008

First day of snow

Brrrr! It's chilly outside today. We got our first snow of the season. It's not much....but the lawn is pretty frosty. And boy is it windy out too! I think that is the worst when the wind is blowing. I hate the wind! It's supposed to be 39 degrees today. I was told that it is blizzard like conditions in Denver. Thank goodness that is not the case here! Our poor puppy dogs are left at home outside today. At least they have the shop in back of the garage to go in and take cover. I keep bugging Derek to put in a doggie door. Right now we just prop the door open with a rock. A doggie door would keep that area much warmer. I feel too bad to keep them in the house in the kennel all day (they sleep in the kennel at night) and they are not trustable to be left out to wander in the house all day alone. So outside they go. I don't entirely LOVE the snow always (I do have my moments though) but I am secretly hoping for some more. I am making our Christmas cards this year and we want to take a family picture. We are hoping to take a snowy one. Being that it is only mid November.....there is still PLENTY of time for snowy days. I am just a bit eager to get our picture taken. I start working on the cards next Friday with some friends from work! Should be fun. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone lied to you... there is no blizzard in Denver.

We had snow this morning, but its completely dry and sunny now! :)

Carrie

Unknown said...

I would love to help with the Christmas cards too...that is if you'll have me! We want to take a pic either at our fireplace with the fur babies or on our front porch (with lots of snow around) Let me know if you need a photographer! :)

mrsnorton said...

Someone here from work said it was like that this morning when he left (Lakewood even, go figure). But yes by now it is completly dry. Just like here lol.

mrsnorton said...

Heather-
Absolutely. You just need to pick out a design and get your paper. We have stamps and other things to share. We too want to do it out on our porch with lots of snow. Ha ha I was going to ask you to take the pic. Too funny. Let me know as well. :)