Friday, November 21, 2008

Pizza and Mussels....huh?


So the other night after work I went with a few friends out for dinner. One of our friends just moved into these new apartments that are in downtown Loveland (super cute and new york city like). We were going to go to this fabulous Mexican restaurant that is literally down the block from her apartment building....but by the time we sat and talked, had a glass of wine and walked down to the resturant the wait was like an hour or so. We said no way and walked back to the apartment. Our friend suggested this new little pizza place that is just below her building. It's called Sisters Pizza and Mussels. Yeah, my thoughts too....pizza and mussels.....huh? We agreed to give it a try and boy was I glad. Now mind you the first time I had mussels was on our honeymoon in Steamboat at this great steak house that we ate at. It was Derek's first time trying mussels as well. Surprisingly I liked them after hesitantly trying them. Again, I was hesitant to try them this time as well. But let me tell you; they are awesome! I got them in a white wine sauce. Mmmm they were good. And I even got one slice of cheese pizza on the side too. It was good as well. Light sauce, lots of cheese and thin crust, Jersey style. (I guess that is what you would call it. Where you might fold it in half to eat. I saw it on tv once.) The combination was weird but sooooo good. I was really shocked. Who would have thought!? This little pizza place is very small. All the tables but one seat 2 people. Luckily the one table was open for the four of us. Derek was a little jealous that I didn't even bring him any leftovers. Hopefully I can take him there soon. He will just love it I'm sure. So my friends....if you get the urge for some good mussels (and heck a slice of pizza while you are at it) give this place a try. It's good. True story. : ]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen that place, but wondered about it too! I am an adventurous type when it comes to food (calamari, sashimi, matoke...) Mussels sound yummy! I'll have to go with you sometime! Thanks for sharing!