Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kick-off Workshop

Friday night I hosted my first Stampin' Up! workshop to kick off my new business. I had a bunch of girlfriends over and we all made 2 cards and a 3D project. We ate chili and some of us had some wine and then it was time for some stampin' fun! All the girls had so much energy and kept things pretty entertaining. In fact I think most of them pretty much ran my workshop! Heehee Most everyone was pretty familiar with stamping and card making.....so everyone was pretty eager to jump in and get creative. I was exhausted by the end. It was a lot of work getting everything ready and getting things set up.....but every minute was worth it. I was a little nervous for my first one......but I think that it went really well. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Thanks to all my girlies for helping me get off to a great start. Cheers ladies! Or shall I say....happy stamping! :0)

I just have to tell this little story about Derek. This is such my husband and it makes me laugh. So Derek knew I was having a bunch of girls over. He had planned on going over to the neighbors house to hang out while everyone was there. That didn't work out so Derek stayed home. About 1/2 hour before everyone arrived Derek ate a bowl of chili.....packed up his lunch cooler with beer and ice......and headed off to the bedroom to hide out for the evening watching tv. My workshop lasted 4 hours and he didn't come out once for anything! He is too funny!
Check out the cards we all made. Everyone did such a great job! Some of the girls used their own creativeness and changed things a bit on their own cards they made.....but here were my cards to use as inspiration...... Awwww :o)





This one is was done with the "Loads of Love" set.....



This one was done with the "Polka Dot Punches" set....

Here is the 3D project that we made....the box is made out of cardstock and inside holds 3 peppermint patties embellished with cardstock as well.
Super cute!!! : ] I LOVE this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too cute! Loved it! I can't wait till the "club" starts and we all get a turn to host and pick creative projects! :)

carrie_whitman said...

I have a few questions for you:

1. What on earth did you ever do before finally deciding to join the 21st century, and setting up this blog?

2. Do you constantly have your camera out taking pictures of every move you do?

3. Why am I not listed on your list of "favorite things".... ???

LOL. I think I might actually start using this damn thing YOU convinced ME to set up. I can't get on myspace and facebook at work anymore, but I can get on here! Guess that means I have to start doing this instead... well at least while I'm at work and not secretly doing my homework, lol. :)

Brandy Alexander said...

Okay so I am one of those that was running the workshop??? I think you were talking about Heather and Jen :)