Friday, December 12, 2008

Holiday baking

Anyone who knows me knows that I love love love to bake. I am so excited to do some more holiday baking. Jessi is coming over on Saturday and she really enjoys it as well. I love that she likes to bake and enjoys learning about it. This just reminded me of last year when she came over to help me. She was oooh-ing and awww-ing over the smell of the vanilla extract. I let her put a dab on her finger and taste it......and she made the most horrific face! That was so evil of me.....I know! She just couldn't believe how something that smelled so good, tasted so bad. Hahaha Sorry Jes! : ) So here is my list:

-7 Layer Bars (maybe my all time fav)
-Haystacks (I over toasted the coconut last year, so hopefully we do better this time)
-Rice Krispie Sandwiches
-Muddy Buddies
-Coconut Snowballs (never made these before....so we will see how they go)
-Toffee
-Ginger Snaps
We are going to be busy little baker elves baking away. I really want to make my mom's Buttermilk Cookies and decorate them (they are the BESTest Christmas cookies EVER and so much better than sugar cookies in my opinion).....but they are pretty much a two day project and I don't think that we will get to them. Maybe I will make them later on. I will make sure to take pictures for us girls covered in sugar and spice and everything nice. : ]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you need a photographer (and a taste-tester) for your baking extravaganza, let me know...I'd love to help! :)

Aunt Sandy said...

Kellie
I love having you in my family. Derek is very lucky
Love you
Auntie Sandy

mrsnorton said...

Aunt Sandy- Awe, thank you. I am pretty lucky too. I couldn't have wished for anyone better than Derek. I love being apart of your family as well! Muah! :]