Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas......

Last week my mother in-law was out here for work. While she was here she took Derek and I to the Carousel Dinner Theater in Fort Collins to see the musical White Christmas. What a show! It was so much fun. The actors were really great and had such enthusiasm. I could tell that Kathy really wanted to jump right in and belt out most of the songs and sing along with them. She got her moment at the end when the audience got to sing along to a song. I have never seen the movie before, so I wasn't familiar with the story line. A White Christmas is a BIG deal in Derek's family on his mom's side. Kathy grew up watching this movie every holiday season since she was a little girl. Apparently she even got to skip out on her school's Christmas program one year because it was on tv that evening! Too funny. Derek too has grown up with this movie. It's so weird that all these years I have never seen it. But now after watching this little musical, I would like to sit down and actually watch it. Derek has the movie on VHS (I know....so ancient) and he loaned it to my mom last year. I think we both completely forgot about it until I mentioned us going to the musical last week. My mom told me that she still had it and needed to return it to us. I told her not to worry too much since we don't have a VHS player any more and Derek was talking about going out and getting a White Christmas on DVD. So what does my mom do.......she went right out and got Derek his movie on DVD to add to his gifts. : ) Derek will be so happy. I have a funny feeling that this movie will make it's way into our own family tradition of watching this every holiday season.....along with the movie that I remember ALWAYS watching.......National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! : ) Teehee


Derek's Christmas movie pick



My Christmas movie pick : )

No comments: